Nine years ago today, I was rewarded with two incredibly awesome 'fruits' of my own. They arrived at Schiewe's Urban Homestead big and fiery! Wide-eyed and fueled by caffeine, our life, as we knew it, accelerated overnight. In the middle of this whirlwind, some big changes were going on. From small milestones to big scares, from first steps to first words, from first hikes to first tracks, from part-time to half-day to full-days at school, our children were growing up right before our eyes. And now, at the end of each day, when the dust finally settles, we realize that we have two of the funniest, most smart, kind-hearted, enduring, and loyal 'fruits' we could've ever imagined. When I look at the hundreds of pictures taken throughout the years, it is truly a bittersweet moment when I find myself 'missing' the babies in the photo while admiring the young adults who are looking over my shoulder and sharing with me the 'oohs' and 'ahs' of the years gone by. I can hardly wait to experience where the next 9 years will take us! Patience, I tell myself. These 'fruits' must be savored.
Happy Birthday, Martin and Matilda! You are two of my favorite fruits! Mom and Dad Love you!
What a wonderful post about your wonderful fruits - we love them :-)Hope they enjoy an excellent birthday - fried twinkie included!!!
ReplyDelete