A little over a month ago we all went to Ellinwood, Kansas to attend my Grandmother's funeral. She was 93.5 years old and lived a great, long life. I used to call her and talk to her about our gardens, my wife and, of course, she would mostly want to know how Martin and Matilda were doing. She would always ask when we were going to visit and she'd drop BIG hints that it should be pretty soon. For the past several years we would usually visit a couple times a year; usually harvest season. After I moved to Colorado, I grew much closer to Grandma Mildred than when I lived in Michigan. I will miss her.
When we were in Ellinwood we took a few pictures. Enjoy!
Thirsty fields. I think this was on the entire time we were there. Terribly dry.
The band shell in Ellinwood, Kansas.
Martin and Matilda in the band shell.
Some of the tile work on the band shell.

No comments:
Post a Comment